Prevent Child Abuse New Jersey (PCA-NJ)
Prevent Child Abuse-New Jersey (PCA-NJ) promotes Great Childhoods, positive parenting and healthy child development. Founded in 1979, all our efforts throughout the state are dedicated to preventing child abuse and neglect in all forms for all New Jersey children. We envision a world where every child has a happy, healthy and safe childhood – free of abuse and neglect.
We promote Great Childhoods by helping parents to nurture, develop and sustain healthy children; and training professional staff of hundreds of organizations that work with children and families statewide.
Each year, Prevent Child Abuse - New Jersey reaches the families of 25, 000 children through:
- Networks of home visitation services to ensure babies are healthy and nurtured right from the start.
- Education the teaches parents how children develop and grow while offering positive, healthy ways to discipline.
- Facilitating parental involvement in their child's education and learning so that families and schools work together to help children realize their full academic success.
- Providing professional training and community education to build the skills and knowledge of those who influence the lives of children.
- Organizing community awareness events that build the promise of prevention, and targeting services to support children in highly vulnerable families - including those headed by adolescent and incarcerated parents.
Family & Support Services
Crisis / Safety
Last Updated: 08/11/17